Certified vSphere Web Client plug-ins:
- Dell EMC OpenManagement Integration for VMware vCenter
- Huawei Technologies Storage NGC (Flex and HTML 5)
- IBM Storage Enhancements for vSphere
- IBM Spectrum Protect vSphere Web Client
- Infinidat Powertools (HTML 5)
- Lenovo XClarity Integrator for VMware vCenter
- NimbleStorage vSphere Web Client
Centralized Control and Visibility
- Inventory Search – Have the entire vCenter Server inventory, including virtual machines, hosts, datastores, and networks, at your fingertips.
- HTML 5 Based vSphere Client – Responsive HTML5 based vSphere client provides bleeding edge functionality.
- vCenter Single Sign-on – Simplify administration by allowing users to log in once and then access all instances of vCenter Server without further authentication.
- Native Backup and Restore – Out-of-the-box file-based backup option with a simple user interface, removing the reliance on third-party backup solutions to protect vCenter Servers and Platform Services Controllers.
- Alerts and Notifications – Support new entities, metrics, and events such as datastore and virtual machine–specific alarms.
- Migration Tool – Allows both migration of data from a Windows vCenter Server 5.5 or 6.0 and an upgrade of vCenter Server Appliance.
- Backup & Restore Scheduler – Schedule vCenter Server Appliance backups and control the number of backups retained. Use REST APIs to ease the complexity of backup and restore.
- VMware vCenter Server Converge Tool – Migrate topology from vCenter Server Appliance with External PSC into vCenter Server Appliance with Embedded PSC with ease.
- vCenter Server High Availability – Protect the vCenter Server Appliance and related services with native High Availability and RTO of less than 10 minutes.
- Host Profiles – Standardize and simplify how you configure and manage VMware ESXi host configurations. Capture the blueprint of a known, validated configuration—including networking, storage, and security settings— and deploy it to many hosts, simplifying setup. Host profile policies can also monitor compliance.
- Resource Management for Virtual Machines – Allocate processor and memory resources to virtual machines running on the same physical servers. Establish minimum, maximum, and proportional resource shares for CPU, memory, disk, and network bandwidth. Modify allocations while virtual machines are running. Enable applications to dynamically acquire more resources to accommodate peak performance.
- Dynamic Resource Allocation – vCenter Server continuously monitors utilization across resource pools and intelligently allocates available resources among virtual machines according to predefined rules that reflect business needs and changing priorities. The result is a self-managing, highly optimized and efficient IT environment with built-in load balancing.
- Cross-vCenter Mixed Version Provisioning – Enable cross-vCenter provisioning operations such as vMotion, Full Clone and cold migrate, across different vCenter versions. Ideal for hybrid cloud solutions.
- Automatic Restart of Virtual Machines with VMware vSphere HA – Automatically restart virtual machines that have failed without manual intervention.
- Audit Trails – Maintain records of significant configuration changes and export reports for event tracking.
- Unified Patch and Upgrade Management – Using the capabilities of VMware vSphere Update Manager, enforce compliance to patch standards through automated scanning and patching of online ESXi hosts. With the integration of the vSphere Update Manager into the vCenter Server Appliance, deployment and configuration is a snap.
- Appliance Management Interface – Simple user interface that shows network and database statistics, disk space, and health in addition to CPU and memory statistics for monitoring and operational tasks.
- vRealize Orchestrator (included) – Simplify management by automating more than 800 tasks using out-of-the-box workflows or by assembling workflows using an easy drag-and-drop interface.
- vRealize Log Insight for vCenter Server (light version included) – Solve problems faster with added visibility from Log Insight. Visualize event trends, trigger alerts and more, all in real-time.
- Linked Mode – vCenter Server Provides scalable architecture and visibility across multiple vCenter Server instances, with roles, permissions, and licenses replicated across the infrastructure. You can log in, view, and search the inventories of all vCenter Servers simultaneously.
- Enhanced Linked Mode with Embedded PSC – Simplify the vCenter Server topology through vCenter with embedded platform services controller. Link multiple vCenters and have seamless visibility across the environment without the need for an external platform services controller or load balancers.
- Hybrid Linked Mode – Enjoy unified visibility and manageability across an on-premises vSphere environment running on one version of vCenter Server Appliance and a vSphere-based public cloud environment, such as VMware Cloud on AWS, running on a different version.
- APIs – Integration with ecosystem partners extends capabilities of the virtual infrastructure. New APIs enable deployment of vCenter Server based on a template.