New Features in Microsoft Word 2016 for Windows
Here are the main improvements and key features you will find in the powerful new Microsoft Word 2016:
- Intuitive new layout. Often times you launch Word so you can work on a previously created document. Microsoft understands and improves that with the new starting layout of its signature app: instead of starting a new document when opened, Word 2016 shows you a menu of recently opened files, saving you time and effort. If you want to create a new document, then you can choose from a perfectly organized new list, which also includes pre-made templates for the type of text you are writing.
- Multi-platform apps. Microsoft Word 2016 brings versatility to the table. You can work on your desktop, from your smartphone or even on a Web version of your favorite productivity app - the choice is yours. With smart resolution tools keeping your documents intact no matter how big or small the screen is, you don’t have to worry about messing up your important files ever again.
- Improved coauthoring. Everything is better with friends - work is no exception. If you need help from your teammates for that difficult school project, or require your colleagues’ precious input in making the best proposal possible, you can simply invite them over thanks to the real-time collaboration functionality in Microsoft Word 2016. You can chat about ideas, edit documents simultaneously and even have a Skype conference call as you shape the perfect Word document. What’s more, you aren’t confined to using the same platform - for example, you can be on your Windows PC and others can use the Web and mobile apps.
- New ways to find what you need. Microsoft Word has over 4,000 tools and features. It’s understandable if you sometimes have trouble finding what you need, despite major improvements such as the Ribbon. With the 2016 version of Word navigating to your selected action is easy and hassle-free thanks to the new Tell Me feature. Just write the command or question you have in the search box with a light bulb next to it, and Word will assist you. If it can’t, it will give you a list of sources where you’re sure to find what you’re looking for.
- Smart Lookup. Imagine having a tool that gives you instant context on something you aren’t all too familiar with in your document. Well, you get it with Word 2016. In contrast to the Tell Me feature, which keeps your queries inside the app, this amazing new tool browses the Internet for you to find definitions, images and even articles on highlighted words and phrases within your text. What’s more, it works with the most trusted sources on the Web, such as Oxford Dictionary, Wikipedia and Bing, among others. With Smart Lookup, the Internet is in your pocket.
Why You Should Get Word 2016 for Windows
The standalone version of this Microsoft signature word processing app is the ideal choice for those of you have little use for the other contents in a Microsoft Office suite or you prefer not to subscribe to the Office 365 service. If you’re looking simply for the ultimate in word editing software, Word 2016 is without a doubt the one for you. Here’s why:
- Perfect for all crowds. You won’t find a text processing app more versatile than the new Microsoft Word 2016. It’s ideal for students, the self-employed and office workers. Whether it’s home or business, you will always find the adequate tools for creating any type of document from stunning schoolwork to professional business proposals and reports.
- High-quality software on any device. The dynamic world of today often presents you with situations where you need to find creative solutions. Microsoft Word 2016 offers you all the flexibility you need with its marvellous Web and mobile versions. If you are the type of person who doesn’t mind taking their work with them, you will love the freedom in Word 2016 to work anywhere, anytime.
- Bringing the team together. The collaboration improvements in Microsoft Word 2016 offer great value to a team setting. It’s like you’re having a real-life meeting: the options are limitless with the new co authoring functionality offered in the latest version. From instant live editing to conference calls, Word 2016 ensures that you have everything you need for an outstanding collaborative result.
- More accessible, less demanding. Another reason why you should purchase Microsoft Word 2016 is the major improvements to search mechanisms. Looking for what you need both inside the document and outside of it, Word takes the information to you instead of the other way around. It saves you time and effort and makes this already excellent app even stronger.
- Computer and processor: 1 GHz or faster x86-bit or x64-bit processor with SSE2 instruction set
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Hard disk: 3 GB of available disk space
- Display: PC: 1024 x 768 screen resolution. Web apps require the same minimum resolution as the OS they are running on.
Minimum resolution assumes that zoom, DPI settings, and text scaling are 100%. If not set to 100%, minimum resolution should be scaled accordingly. For example, if you set the Windows display ‘Scale and layout’ setting on your Surface Book, which has a 3000x2000 physical display, to 200%, then Office would see a logical screen resolution of 1500x1000, meeting the minimum 1280x768 requirement.
- Graphics. Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX 10 graphics card.
- Operating system: Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, or Windows Server 2012.
Product functionality and feature availability may vary on older systems. For the best experience, use the most current build of any operating system specified above (Search Lifecycle Policy).
- Browser. The current version of Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Chrome, or Firefox. Get more details.
- .NET version. .NET 3.5 required. Some features may require .NET 4.0, 4.5, or 4.6 CLR to also be installed.
- Internet functionality requires an internet connection. Fees may apply.
- A touch-enabled device is required to use any multitouch functionality, but all features and functions are always available by using a keyboard, mouse, or other standard or accessible input device. Note that touch features are optimized for use with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, or Windows 8.
- Word 2016: Coauthoring requires SharePoint Foundation 2013 and a Microsoft account for OneDrive. It might also require more memory than what is listed here.
- OneNote 2016 and Access 2016: Internet functionality requires an internet connection. Fees may apply.
- Instant Search functionality requires Windows Search 4.0.
- Project Professional 2016: Some features require connectivity to Project Server 2016 Preview, Project Server 2013, or Project Online.