7 Practical Steps to Keep you away from COVID-19
It's not a matter of IF, but WHEN. The internet is awash with COVID-19 news, and people are in panic mode. But hey, don't worry. There are a few things you can do to protect yourself.
"Prevention is Better than Cure."
I'm just a tech-enthusiast and no doctor, but I’ve done a little digging and found some tips to keep you safe from getting the virus.
1. Wash your hands. Often.
Wash your hands with water and soap for at least 20 seconds, especially if you have been in a public place and after sneezing or coughing. If you can't access soap and water, it's advised that you use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
2. Limit the hugs, handshakes or the high-fives.
3. Avoid Handling Cash Money
Cash is dirty. You don’t even want to know the variety of germs lingering on its surface! We advise using your debit or credit cards when paying your bills instead of handling filthy coins.
4. Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you sneeze or cough.
Ensure you throw the tissue in a bin and wash your hands after. If you don't have a tissue, it's recommended you sneeze or cough into your elbow instead of your hands.
5. Arm yourself with extra wet wipes, napkins, or facial tissue whenever you're planning to go out to work or shopping.
6. Pay close attention to where you place your devices like phones or car keys.
It's no doubt we all love our gadgets, however, the smart thing to do is to avoid placing them on an iffy surface. When you put your devices down, ensure you wipe the surface clean or place them on a tissue.
7. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces like doorknobs, desks, countertops, tables, or light switches.
If you start feeling sick, call your local medical practitioner and you will be guided on what to do next. DO NOT go to public places if you are showing symptoms! Rather stay home and wait it out.
Share this post
About the Author